Thursday, May 20, 2010

The weather has arrived!

There's just something about little kids in warmer weather clothes, slathered up with sunscreen that puts a massive smile on my face. And, said greasy girls, stinking like Water Babies (By far my favorite sunscreen), so excited for the day, are in the mercy of their mama, ready to do anything just to get outside and play in the sun. This will last ALL.DAY.LONG.

Welcome warm weather, we hope you will stay. You've teased us a few times, just to run away and leave us with a cold, rainy spring day/week/month, but now that Memorial Day is quickly approaching, we'd love for you to stay. Something about warmer weather really excites me. I don't know if it's the nightly dinners on the deck, and the princesses racing up the stairs to take a past bedtime shower to then climb tiredly into our laps and have a last 5 minute snuggle of the night. Maybe it's how beautiful the glow is on their sunkissed faces. Or, how pretty the little curls form around their faces from playing so hard and being sweaty. This, my friends, is something I look forward to all winter long. And, I'm pretty sure, it's here to stay, for the next few months.

Our new "summer" routine is about to start. We have no plans. There are a few camps here and there that TinyDancer may participate in, but I'm thinking a summer off from school will be nice. Our backyard looks like a little tykes ad, and there is more than enough entertainment there. And, let's not forget the sidewalk chalk, bikes, scooters, and bubble machine's that they play with in the front driveway. It's kind of overwhelming, but they definately will not get bored. At least I hope not.

Picnics for lunch daily. Maybe it wil be on a blanket, or maybe in their playhouse. They've also discovered that they can sit in the watchtower from their swingset, and the dog can't bother them. Their little tykes picnic table will get good use this summer too. I'm hoping to do "Messy" art projects with them outside. Like, maybe REALLY finger painting. Yeah, I think they'd love that. I'm just so excited.

So, what are YOU looking forward to most this summer?



No comments:

Post a Comment