Thursday, February 10, 2011

My best friends wedding...

A few years ago my husbands BF turned 30. I had a fun time helping BF's GF plan the 80s themed party. Since the party was in CT, we were going to have Katie watch the girls. She ended up deciding last minute to go to the party (while MIL kept my kids), and we ran all around the little mall finding her 80s clothes to wear. Little did we know, just a tad over 2 years later, she'd be getting married to someone else at the party, who also made a last minute decision to be there. (The party was a blast, btw!)

In November of that year, I recieved a card in the mail. On the cover read "Will you be my Matron of Honor?" . I was so honored, and excited!

This past December, the bridal party threw a "Breakfast at Tiffany's" shower for her. It was alot of fun to plan! We asked everyone to please wear a little black dress (which, btw, everyone but 1 person did!), and decorated the place with lots of tiffany blue, white satin ribbons, and jewels. We gave cracker jacks and tiny boxes filled iwth hershey kisses (Silver ones ;) ), wrapped in tiff blue with a bow. We all had alot of fun, and she made out like a bandit!

She recently moved back east from Oregon, so we weren't able to do the bachelorette party any sooner than last Thursday. Lauren, Erica, and I piled into our fun rental car, and made the drive to Boston in pretty decent time, even stopping for soft serve Mint Chocolate Chip icecream, a trip to Target , and getting lost looking for the hotel. The Custom House, where we stayed, was absolutely beautiful! I will definately stay there again.


The night was definately fun. And, Im pretty sure we did our job! The bride was decked out in a veil and tiara, sash, and her smoking hot black dress! We went to dinner, had many drinks, and sang karaoke!



The next day, 5 of us stuffed into Katie's jeep, and made the ride back to CT. After a few stops (Hello, Starbucks!), we were on our way to the nail salon, where we all enjoyed the most fabulous pedicure I have ever had. Some of us also got manicures, and I also got my eyebrows waxed. Im seriously considering driving back to CT just to get my pedicures there from now on. :)
The rehearsal dinner was that night, so we quickly ran to the grooms house to get changed, and headed to Newtown, CT for the dinner.
I was so excited to see my girls, since I was away the night before and didn't get to see them at all either days!






Next post will be about the wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment