Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Innocence

There is just something about a sleeping child. I don't know what it is, but it's so amazing to me. When a child is sleeping, everything is ok. They day that they had is now a memory in the past, yet the days to come are full of the unknown, full of dreams and expectations, hopes and concerns.

Throw a daddy into the mix, and you've got one awesome combination.

Today we had a good day. TinyDancer was allowed to stay awake and miss her nap, because she was so excited that Miss Jenn, her ballet teacher, was coming over. She spent a good chunk of the afternoon practicing her dance moves, trying to perfect her jazz square, and working on her double irish. She even went as far as to put on her black leotard and pink tights, and asked me to practice doing her makeup for the recital. She sure is passionate about what she does.

TinyDancer missing her nap is a big deal. She normally naps for 4-5 hours any given afternoon (Yes, I know how blessed I am to have a 3.5 year old that still takes a long nap). I knew that she'd go to sleep a little earlier than normal, but was completely surprised when Stash called me into the livingroom. I walked in to finding daddy nestling his princess, with her clutching onto her favorite blnaket and monkey tightly. She was fast asleep. It brought tears to my eyes. She just looked so beautiful. Even with a smudge of sweet and sour sauce still on her face. And, guess what? I fell even more in love with my husband. He really is a fantastic daddy. I don't tell him that enough. I'm glad that I have him to share such a great responsibility with.



She had a busy day today. My TinyDancer. I love you baby girl with all of my heart. I hope you know that forever and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment