Tuesday, February 9, 2010

It's a blueberry Muffin kind of day!

Today is a weird kind of day. One minute it's sunny, and the next it's snowing. The girls and I were going to work on some Valentine's Day crafts today, but when I opened up the fridge for SweetPea's morning snack, the blueberries were calling out to me.  Since we are trying to use everything, and waste much less food, I decided that they just needed to be baked into my favorite-Blueberry Muffins!

Now, I know that the great bloggers such as Pioneer Woman post pictures like this when she cooks, but I couldn't figure out another way to do it. I will say, I suck at photography, and my pictures are terrible. These are pretty good for me though.

First of all, you need the ingredients.


[caption id="attachment_21" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Melt half a cup of margarine."][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_22" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Add 1 cup of Sugar, and 2 eggs, & a splash of vanilla extract to the margarine. Combine well."][/caption]

In the meantime, combine 2 cups all-purpose flour, 2 tsp. baking powder, and 1/2 tsp. of salt.

[caption id="attachment_23" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Combine wet and dry ingredients, then fold in 1 cup of blueberries. "][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_24" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Fill muffin tin 2/3 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes. "][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_38" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="18 minutes is a long time to wait for little helpers, so they decided to relax and watch a movie."][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_29" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Remove from tin, cool, & enjoy!"][/caption]

Tiny Dancer has been really picky when it comes to fruit lately. Normally, she won't go near blueberries. She was more interested in them now because she was able to help me turn them into a delicious treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment