Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Pajama Tuesday

Tuesdays are our favorite day during the week. Noone has school, there is not dance, and I try my best not to book any appointments. It's a nice easy day for us to relax around the house, snuggle on the couch and watch a movie, play games, work on projects, and make a nice lunch together. It's a favorite with the girls because they can wear their pajama's all day! Sometime's Tiny Dancer likes to change it up a bit and do a fashion show in her different pajamas. We always have breakfast for lunch, either making pancakes (although, I'm constantly told that daddy's pancakes are better), muffins, waffles, or eggs.

While the girls were enjoying some Sesame Street, I decided to head upstairs and clear out SweetPea's dresser. A task that pulls at my heart and I have been putting off for a few months. Still a peanut, she's finally outgrown most of her 3-6 month onesies, and I needed to replace them with a more appropriate fitting size. Feeling nostalgic, and I tiny bit sad at the reality that these clothes may never make an appearance in our home again, I heard a yell from downstairs. Just then, Tiny Dancer appeared at the doorway saying "Mom, i have to show you something! Follow me!", I knew it was good, because she was tugging my arm while holding my hand; something this little princess does not do often.

I had to chuckle at the mess that was in the livingroom. My pretty little SweetPea, covered in hotchocolate! She looked really pleased with herself, as she was licking her fingers, nodding her head yes, and smiling. This would be her first taste of hotchocolate-and hopefully her last for a while. The third ingredient is creamer, which contains both Caseinate (a milk protein) and soy. A beautiful combination for a bad night in our house.

I quickly snapped a picture, then put her in the bath. Tiny Dancer, always loving to help, went to the kitchen and got a cloth and wiped up the floor, while I stripped her messy sister and ran the bath water. Of course, it had to become a pool party, so both sisters were enjoying splashing in the tub. Getting out, they both got right into new jammies, ready for pajama tuesday to continue.




*The picture is from my cellphone's camera, so the quality is less than impressive. Sorry!

The rest of our day is going to be easy. Breakfast sandwiches for lunch, maybe make some muffins. Naps will come soon enough, and that's when I'll start tonight's dinner, along with the cleaning for the day. But now, I'm going to snuggle with my two princesses and watch "UP"!

No comments:

Post a Comment