Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My dreams are coming true!

Welcome to my blog!

I'm excited to start this new adventure. My dear friends Lauren & Jessica have been asking me to start a blog for some time now. Staying home with my two girls has been such a blessing, and sometime's I think I take it (and my poor husband!) for granted. I have been home for almost 4 years now, and can't believe how quickly time has passed. When I was a new mom, I remember my friend Emily telling me that her mother always said "The days are long, but the weeks are short". Isn't that the truth?

When I was in second grade, we had to write a paragraph on what we wanted to bewhen we grew up. I was so excited to write about how I dreamed to be a mom, and stay home with my babies. The teacher called me up to the front of the class, and asked if I was sure I didn't want to be a lawyer, doctor, or the President. No. Even at eight years old, I knew I wanted to be a stay at home mom. Fate was on my side, when eleven years later, I met the man who would be my husband. Before we were married, we talked about our future and our children. He had hoped to have a wife that was willing to stay at home and raise the children! Can you believe it? Now, after six and a half years of marriage, I am able to stay home. People often ask us how we can afford to live off of one income. Our answer is always the same. "We make it happen".

I feel like it was just yesterday that we found out that we were (finally) pregnant with our first baby. Now, she's dancing her little heart thru her journey of life, taking 2 tap classes, jazz, and ballet. She's also in a preschool program. Everyday she's learning and growing so much. Just today, she spelled MOM for me. She'll always be my Tiny Dancer.

Stash and his siblings are 2 years apart evenly. My sisters and I have 8 years between each of us, so, while we were still siblings, it was almost like we were only children as well. Seeing the strong bond between Stash and his brother, I knew I wanted my children to be close in age. We were fortunate enough to get pregnant with our second baby and learned that they would be just shy of 2 years apart. We were so excited when we learned baby #2 was a girl. Now, at almost 2 years old, she is best friends with her older sissy, and the happiest little girl. She's my little Sweet Pea.

I invite you to follow me along. I'll be showing how we live our lives thru our passions (Cooking, sewing, dancing, fishing, etc.), and how we have made our house a home. . I hope that I am able to inspire someone, anyone, to go forth with their dream. Because anything is possible, and you can just Make It Happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment