Tuesday, February 9, 2010

So little, yet such a big heart

Weekend plans were foiled by a sick little Tiny Dancer. Thursday evening she wasn't herself, and by the time she went to her bed, she was crying and shaking, saying her body hurt. At 4 am when i was supposed to leave for a long anticipated weekend away with my best friend and some of her bridal party, I checked on Tiny Dancer and she had a fever. My plans were cancelled in an instant. It hurt me so much that my first baby was so sick. She rarely has so much as a sniffle, so I knew this had to be something more than just the cold. Later that morning she was diagnosed with bronchitis and H1N1. She was spoiled as every sick little person should with popscicles and lots of snuggling and loving from mommy. It was a lazy weekend, but just what she needed to get back to her old self.

Today we were making plans for the afternoon, and the conversation went the same as usual. What should we have for lunch? Peanut Butter and Jelly. What movie do you want to watch? How about 27 Dresses? (Have I mentioned yet how much I adore having a girly girl? ) Ok, then. That's the plan. But, she didn't stop there. Her tiny little voice then proceeded to ask "Mimi, do you think we could make some bracelets today? I'd like to give them to XYZ for Valentine's Day. (Can't say, incase XYorZ are reading this blog ;) ).

So, since SweetPea is now feeling the ickies, she went down for her nap a bit earlier, and TinyDancer and I set out our beading supplies on the livingroom floor and made bracelets for her favorites. Together, while watching 27 Dresses. My heart. She sure does own it. And in an instant, I was smitten again. I find myself repeatedly falling in love over and over and over again with this beautiful little ballerina.









No comments:

Post a Comment